Embarcadero has released Delphi XE2 Update 4. The depressing news is that you have to uninstall RAD Studio completely before installing the update. The reward is a large number of bug fixes, listed here, as well as new features:
- Printing support in FireMonkey OS X
- Support for Free Pascal 2.6 in FireMonkey iOS
- New FireMonkey types and methods
- New VCL styles
- 64-bit type library import, for using COM libraries in Delphi
Delphi XE2 was somewhat rough on first release, so upgrading is advisable. Maybe it is now sufficiently robust to attract those more cautious developers who do not like to use new products in their first incarnation.
- Delphi and RAD Studio XE2 gets its first update as Embarcadero confesses copyright issue
- Embarcadero preparing Delphi, C++ Builder XE3 release
- Updated SQLite wrapper for Embarcadero Delphi (and Free Pascal)
- Embarcadero promises Delphi everywhere: Mac, iOS this year, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone to follow
- What next for Embarcadero Delphi? Roadmap with Mac, Linux support published.