Adobe has published a mission statement which is worth a read if only to demonstrate how far the company has moved away from Flash, once positioned at the heart of its ecosystem – remember the Flash Platform?
This even extends to apps and applications, and I was interested in this statement:
CEF is the Chromium Embedded Framework, which is a web browser control based on the open source version of Google’s Chrome browser. It is a C/C++ project but third parties have created wrappers for .NET, Delphi, Java and Python.
- Adobe Edge previewed: another step towards HTML 5
- Adobe Creating the Web, offers Edge animation tool for free
- Adobe launches Game Developer Tools including Scout profiler
- Browser monoculture draws nearer as Opera adopts WebKit, Google Chromium
- How Adobe turned on a pin to embrace the web (and Google)