HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
your ads
Posted by: matthew (135.196.72.---)
Date: Monday, 13-Oct-2003, 13:27:52

aren't making you any money on the forum page. I guess google isn't spidering your page, or else isn't finding enough meaningful content, but I'm seeing public service ads about helping orphans in Nepal. This might or not be what you want, but on this page at least you are making $0.

Re: your ads
Date: Monday, 13-Oct-2003, 13:40:00

actually strike that, some of these ads are *really* annoying - charles spurgeon's free sermons anyone?

Posted by: Tim (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: Monday, 13-Oct-2003, 15:17:13

As I understand it, Google will serve up an ad if it can both make sense of the content, and also has a suitable advertiser. If one or both criteria fail, then you get charity ads.

Apologies if it's annoying. There is a small income and it goes towards the hosting cost.

Tim

Date: Monday, 13-Oct-2003, 16:25:20

agreed. I have google ads as well, and they provide me with enough to go out to dinner once a month, and I think they are great. And generally they are not annoying.

However, when you're not getting paid for them, as is the case with the ads on the phorum, why not just remove them, and only keep them on the pages where you are making some money?

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
ybtpE
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.