HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
mshtml.dll
Posted by: Bauglir (---.karneval.cz)
Date: Friday, 19-Nov-2004, 21:45:31

Hi,
I've installed C# 2005 Express Beta and there is no mshtml.dll file in c:\program files\microsoft.net\primary interop assemblies. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

-------
Bauglir

Re: mshtml.dll
Posted by: James Hancock (---.amtelecom.net)
Date: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2004, 04:44:25

That's cause they think that you don't need it anymore now that they have a viewer (that doesn't do editing) built into the framework... doesn't do DOM either....

Posted by: Bauglir (195.113.184.---)
Date: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2004, 04:50:46

So what should I do?

-------
Bauglir

Posted by: Tim (---.gotadsl.co.uk)
Date: Tuesday, 23-Nov-2004, 07:38:39

Several options occur to me:

- You could install the Community Tech Preview of Visual Studio 2005. This does seem to install the primary interop assembly

- When VS 2005 is fully released I'm sure this dll will be redistributable

- you could use one of the versions of the editor that doesn't use this dll

Tim

Posted by: Derek Schwartz (12.10.219.---)
Date: Wednesday, 15-Dec-2004, 08:01:04

I'm using #develop, a completely free open-source IDE that's a pretty good clone of Visual Studio .NET (except no debugger, yet), and it handles importing COM interop assemblies just fine. It will even import VS solutions and convert them to it's own "Combine" format. I've written some rather large applications with it and it's been great!

Although it looks as if they originally intended it to be for C# programming, I've been using it for VB.NET. It will even convert your source code between C# and VB.NET.

If you decide to try it, here are the COM import names for the two libraries that probably interest you. They are already part of the built-in import list, so you don't have to find the DLLs on your computer.

Microsoft HTML Object Libarary
Microsoft Internet Controls

The first one is huge and takes a couple of minutes to import. It will immediately add 10 mb to your application.

#develop
[sharpdevelop.com]

Posted by: k4uqc2005 (---.pb.com)
Date: Tuesday, 25-Jan-2005, 20:48:57

Tim,

I need a version of the HtmlEditor that does not use the Microsoft.mshtml.dll. Where can I find it?

thanks.

Posted by: benabdallah (---.w86-207.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thursday, 23-Mar-2006, 13:42:12

problem open in page de internet

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
DJy37
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.