HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Serious popup problem with this html code
Posted by: ckl_88 (---.vf.shawcable.net)
Date: Sunday, 25-Dec-2005, 09:21:00

I'm starting to try out this htmlEditor thing with my C# application. I modified the form1.cs file in the demohtmlapp so that it does a this.htmlEditor1.LoadUrl(url) instead of LoadDocument(s).

the url is just a simple html file consisting of the following:
<html>
<frameset rows="16%,84%">
<frameset cols="50%,50%">
<frame src="test" name="tl">
<frame src="test" name="tr">
</frameset>
<frame src="http://www.yahoo.ca" name="bottom">
</frameset>
</html>

When I execute the program, I get POPUP HELL! I have so many IE instances popping up that I cannot close them fast enough. I had to ctl-alt-del and force quite demohtmlapp.exe to get the popups to stop, then spent about 30 seconds closing all the IE instances.

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with the html code above?

Thanks.

Re: Serious popup problem with this html code
Posted by: Tim (---.gotadsl.co.uk)
Date: Monday, 26-Dec-2005, 09:55:05

Your code isn't going to work as-is because the HTMLEditor won't understand relative urls like src="test". Further, I should think the popups are to do with the Yahoo url; or else you could have a loop in your code.

If you only want to display HTML, I should think the webbrowser control would be better.

Tim

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
d4dMJ
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.