HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Retaining block formats
Posted by: ramida (---.cfr.ncsu.edu)
Date: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2006, 14:59:41

Hi there,

This seems trivial but I find it difficult to implement. Let's say the current format is Heading 1. As I hit the Enter key, I want this format to be ratained on the next line. I've been experimenting with the PrehandleEvent method and respond to a KeyPress or KeyDown events for the Enter key (KeyCode==13), but finds no luck.

It's easy to apply a block format with the execCommand("FormatBlock", ...) command, but retaining the current format as the user hits the Enter key is a little bit tricky (at least for me).

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

ramida

Re: Retaining block formats
Posted by: ramida (---.cfr.ncsu.edu)
Date: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2006, 21:45:49

May I add that the functionality I'm trying to implement is one that is implemented in Macromedia's Dreamweaver, and lacking in Microsoft FrontPage.

Macromedia's programmers are geniuses -- the functionality of their products is being copied by Microsoft programmers (case in point -- look at the mouse-cell-selection behavior in Visual Studio 2005).

ramida

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Td7nh
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.