HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Adding tables to the control
Posted by: Mike (---.driehaus.com)
Date: Tuesday, 20-Feb-2007, 16:19:24

Hi All,

Does anyone have the code to add table support to this control? I have been searching and cannot find this. If not then does anyone know how to change the default behavior of the older version so the enter is not a <p> and instead a <br> tag. I can capture this in the newer version and change it but need to be able to have table support. I also have the older version but cannot change the default enter key behavior.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Re: Adding tables to the control
Posted by: Clyde Davies (---.range86-143.btcentralplus.com)
Date: Tuesday, 06-Mar-2007, 07:38:07

I'm not sure what you'd mean by 'table support'. If you mean adding in tables, then the best way of doing this is via the DOM. If, on the other hand, you want to select rows and columns properly, then people have been asking about this for ages and nobody seems to have much of an idea.

The best way to intercept keystrokes depending upon context is to construct an IHTMLEditDesigner and bind it to the editor. Then, in the PreHandleEvent method you can intercept the keystrokes and translate them to the desired action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deadlyvices@hotmail.com
Currently writing the GuideDog editor using MSHTML in my copious free time...

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
PGLGK
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.