HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bizarre behaviour with IHTMLChangeSink
Posted by: Clyde Davies (---.range86-143.btcentralplus.com)
Date: Monday, 05-Mar-2007, 15:42:36

You might think it a bit ironic for me of all people to be posting this, but:

I decided to rewrite my original project in C++/CLI and was making great headway until I decided to re-implement the change notification code again. I created a class that implemented IHTMLChangeSink and also smart pointer to a change log, rebound it using CreateChangeLog when the document had loaded and, guess what? It doesn't work. The class binds, the methods return S_OK but IHTMLChangeSink::Notify never fires.

This is weird, considering I had it working from VB.NET fine. I know this behaviour has been mentioned before by others, but has anybody managed to bottom it out yet? What is going on?

I could post the code, but I doubt it would make much sense to anyone who is not versed in C++/CLI and MFC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deadlyvices@hotmail.com
Currently writing the GuideDog editor using MSHTML in my copious free time...

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
du7xt
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.