HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
.NET 3.5 errors
Posted by: Brian (---.cust.stargate.net)
Date: Friday, 14-Dec-2007, 13:54:09

Any chance this will be updated to work in .NET 3.5? when you try to run it and set the assembly to run under .NET 3.5 you get an error

Exception Information:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObjectNative(Object o, Boolean onlyInContext) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetIDispatchForObject(Object o) at onlyconnect.HtmlEditor.CleanupControl() in D:\Development\Benefits\Trunk\HtmlEditor\HtmlEditor.cs:line 563 at onlyconnect.HtmlEditor.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e) in D:\Development\Benefits\Trunk\HtmlEditor\HtmlEditor.cs:line 279 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at onlyconnect.HtmlEditor.WndProc(Message& m) in D:\Development\Benefits\Trunk\HtmlEditor\HtmlEditor.cs:line 250 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

when trying to close a form that had the HTML editor open on

Re: .NET 3.5 errors
Posted by: Tim (Moderator)
Date: Monday, 17-Dec-2007, 08:27:28

Is this a 64-bit issue by any chance?

Tim

Posted by: Luke (193.129.24.---)
Date: Monday, 21-Apr-2008, 09:06:38

This isn't a 64-bit issue; I get the exact same error. I'm using WinXP SP2, .net 3.5 & WPF. I have the HtmlEditor inside a WPF USerControl and get the error when closing that control's designer window.

Posted by: Tim (Moderator)
Date: Friday, 04-Jul-2008, 14:49:34

I tried this with the demo app in VS 2008 - set both demo project and HtmlEditor to target .NET Fx 3.5 - and it runs OK.

Do I need to wrap the control for WPF to reproduce?

Tim

Posted by: Msto (---.zone7.bethere.co.uk)
Date: Saturday, 29-Aug-2009, 03:32:28

I'm getting exactly the same problem with .Net 3.5 on both win 7 64 bit and xp sp3 32 bit, any clues?

Posted by: (195.178.163.---)
Date: Thursday, 26-Nov-2009, 10:42:05

Luke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This isn't a 64-bit issue; I get the exact same
> error. I'm using WinXP SP2, .net 3.5 & WPF. I
> have the HtmlEditor inside a WPF USerControl and
> get the error when closing that control's designer
> window.

I got it working (in WPF) by adding [ComVisible(true)] to the HtmlSite class.

Maybe it will help someone.

/Tomas

Posted by: Azvareth (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: Friday, 02-Apr-2010, 21:53:45

Luke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This isn't a 64-bit issue; I get the exact same
> error. I'm using WinXP SP2, .net 3.5 & WPF. I
> have the HtmlEditor inside a WPF USerControl and
> get the error when closing that control's designer
> window.

Totaly OT, but i can't stop asking it:

Why does the editor get full of shit when you copy from any source and past it in the Editor?

//bahh

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
T6G4x
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.