HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ViewLink & IFrame Detach Issue
Posted by: Blade MF (---.ladger.com)
Date: Thursday, 26-Nov-2009, 09:31:39

Hi,

I am developing a bunch (a lot) of binary behaviors with C#. The problem is, that in some occasions IElementBehavior.Detach is not being called.

For example, if you have a simple html page with a single IFRAME in it, then, in the document in the IFRAME you put a binary behavior element, which creates a ViewLink. If you create another binary behavior element in the viewlink document, and the refresh the IFRAME, the Detach method of the inner element is not being called.

HTML Page
|- IFRAME
|--- HTML Page
|----- Element1
|------- ViewLink document
|--------- Element2

I have a very simple code that demonstrates it.

I played arround with it for a few days and found out that if you force a garbage collection in the Element1.Detach, once in a while, Element2.Detach is called.

This means that there is some .NET object holding a reference that it should't hold.

The fun part is that this does not happen when NOT in a IFRAME - everything gets detached in time.

Does anyone have any idea?

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
uCd6H
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.