HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Redistributing HtmlEditor
Posted by: Paulo (---.pool21756.interbusiness.it)
Date: Friday, 18-Apr-2003, 08:57:46

Hi Tim,

First of all, great work. Your control is fun.

Now I have another question to ask you: I intend to use your control in a non-commercial product I'm developing, and I would like to know if I can redistribute your code in either compiled and source version, and if yes, what I have to add, as copyright, your name, address (you can give me you your cred. card number also ;-)), name of your dog...

Hope to hear you soon.

Cheers,
Paulo
MCAD, MCSD .NET

Re: Redistributing HtmlEditor
Posted by: Tim Anderson (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: Friday, 18-Apr-2003, 11:30:16

In essence, yes, I'm happy for you to redistribute either or both compiled or source versions. As the control matures, I ought to work out a license; it would be something like the GNU License with the Classpath exception:

[www.gnu.org]

If you distribute source, I request that you include the readme and in any acknowledgement include a link to this website so that others can feed in comments and improvements, as well as benefitting from the queries answered on this board.

If anyone wants to help support the website financially, you can do so by buying a book through the Amazon links:

[www.itwriting.com]

or a CD

[www.itwriting.com]

It's a painless way to contribute because of course you get a book/CD or whatever :-)

Tim

Re: Redistributing HtmlEditor
Posted by: Paulo (---.pool80180.interbusiness.it)
Date: Friday, 18-Apr-2003, 22:01:37

If I really do distribute your software with mine (what probably will happen) I will do it in a small scale (maybe really small) and mainly with the source code.

The readme included there is not (how can I say) a really illustrative one, so, if you want to send me another one with more personal info or rights reclaims or whatever, I will be pleased to distribute it with my code.

Thanks by your reply.

Best regards,
Paulo

Cheers,
Paulo
MCAD, MCSD .NET

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
6Whmd
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.