HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Focus & view source problems
Posted by: Damien McGivern (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sunday, 11-May-2003, 14:48:47

First of all thanks for sharing this code, its a great control.

I changed the project and solution files and recompiled with VS.Net 2002.

I've noticed a problem when using the control on dialog forms. When the dialog form is closed the parent form doesn't retain focus. Perhaps the control isn't being cleaned up properly - only a guess.

An example can be found at:
[mcgiv.com]

Also in another project I am using the control within a UITypeEditor for a property of a webcontrol. There is a focus problem with this too. When the editor form is closed VS.Net flashes and seems to loose then get back the focus after a split second.
Also when testing I found that the html rendered fine but when I viewed the source it had an extra space every other character like:
< h t m l >
- this never happened with previous versions.

Hope this helps you identify the problems.

Damien

Win XP SP 1
.Net 1.0 & 1.1 installed
VS.Net 2002

Re: Focus &amp; view source problems
Posted by: Tim (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: Sunday, 11-May-2003, 15:11:52

Focus is a long-standing problem. I think James is the expert on this now :-)

The other issue is to do with unicode. If you view unicode source in an editor that either doesn't understand unicode, or else doesn't correctly interpret it as unicode, then you get the effect you mention. You can force the control to load as Ansi by setting the isAnsiStreamAlwaysUsed property to True (if that's how you are loading the document).

Tim

Re: Focus &amp; view source problems
Posted by: James Hancock (---.darwinconsulting.com)
Date: Monday, 12-May-2003, 16:55:32

Tim is reviewing some code that pretty much eliminates the focus issues related to the code. As soon as he's sure that I haven't screwed everything up entirely winking smiley I'm sure he'll integrate it.

The other side effect is that all of the keyboard, mouse and validate events, etc. all fire correctly so the window is a good .net citizen....

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
6wYky
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.