HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
HtmlEditor with Unicode
Posted by: Minh (203.210.130.---)
Date: Wednesday, 09-Jul-2003, 07:49:16

Hi,
I've tried the HtmlEditor.dll. But I can't type a text using Unicode here. The letters usually disappear. So, how can I use the HtmlEditor.dll to add Unicode?
Dao Tran Minh

Re: HtmlEditor with Unicode
Posted by: James Hancock (---.darwinconsulting.com)
Date: Wednesday, 09-Jul-2003, 18:22:41

Try forcing the encoding using the property to Unicode.

Re: HtmlEditor with Unicode
Posted by: Tim (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: Thursday, 10-Jul-2003, 06:34:35

Actually this property only changes the way text is read back from the control.

There's a bit of mystery here. The default IE context menu has an Encoding menu, and one suggestion would be to enable this menu and to select Unicode. However, I don't know how to set this Encoding option in code. If anyone does, I would like to know - it's on the menu, so there must be an API for it.

Another idea is to use the meta tag with the http-equiv="content-type" attribrute and set the charset attribute=UTF-16 or ISO-10646-1 or whatever. Set this in a "blank" document to initialise the HtmlEditor.

Tim

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
m7tYE
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.