HtmlEditor :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

This is the discussion forum for the HtmlEditor. See also the HtmlEditor home page, where you can download the control, and the Documentation Wiki, a collaborative project for documenting the control.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
splash screen?
Posted by: Winger300 (---.nott.cable.ntl.com)
Date: Monday, 14-Jul-2003, 21:46:54

Is it possible to display a splash screen before MSHTML loads?

It takes about 10 seconds to load my app, based around this webbrowser control, and it would be nice to display a loading message.

I have no idea how it can be done though. Any ideas?

Re: splash screen?
Posted by: Tim (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: Monday, 14-Jul-2003, 22:44:17

Yes. There have been some examples of pure .Net splash screens posted to the newsgroups. However, I use a native win32 app (built with Delphi) as the splash. This launches the .Net app. When the app opens it sends a message to the splash app that closes it.

Tim

Posted by: Joe (---.pool212171.interbusiness.it)
Date: Monday, 14-Jul-2003, 23:21:53

[www.codeproject.com]

The multithreaded version is the best choice.
Hope this helps,
Joe

Posted by: James Hancock (---.darwinconsulting.com)
Date: Tuesday, 15-Jul-2003, 14:56:30

what I do is do the splash screen approach shown above on code project and do a preload of the mshtml by just doing this:

HTMLEditor h = new HTMLEditor();
h.Dispose();

and then everything that needs to be loaded is loaded without forms or anything.

Posted by: Winger300 (---.nott.cable.ntl.com)
Date: Tuesday, 15-Jul-2003, 23:47:58

thanks, that works well

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
YwTEk
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.