Microsoft .NET pros and cons :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
This is for discussion about the benefits of .NET vs Win32 or other programming platforms such as Java. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
General: Is the .NET Framework good enough?
Posted by: Tim (---.gotadsl.co.uk)
Date: Thursday, 10-Mar-2005, 10:29:01

Long-time .NET author Richard Grimes reckons the Framework is substandard:

[www.ddj.com]

On the other hand, he goes over the top in my opinion. My blog entry is here:

[www.itwriting.com]

Tim

Re: General: Is the .NET Framework good enough?
Posted by: Clyde Davies (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: Sunday, 10-Apr-2005, 22:06:52

His comments are all so subjective. Take for instance, this one:
'However, Microsoft's announcement that Avalon will be available for other versions of Windows indicates to me that they are not so confident on the uptake of Longhorn, and developers will not write applications for Avalon if they are not convinced that there will be the clients that will run it. '

I'd say it was just as likely that it's the other way around: Microsoft would like companies to take up Longhorn by giving their developers a head start. A significant proportion of developers write business applications , and .NET is very good for this, even with the clunky old Windows Form interface.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deadlyvices@hotmail.com
Currently writing the GuideDog editor using MSHTML in my copious free time...

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
4kE6Y
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.