Amazon S3 Delphi sample

I’ve upated my Delphi sample for using Amazon S3; this time I’ve put the exe up for download so anyone can try it (if you have an S3 account).

If there is interest I might work this up into a more user-friendly utility; or perhaps someone would like to help with this.

It does many of the essentials: file upload and download, progress report with cancel option, create, delete and list buckets and items.


Technorati tags: , ,

Related posts:

  1. Amazon S3 sample update
  2. Sample code for a very very simple VB database application
  3. Delphi XE includes licenses for older versions back to Delphi 7
  4. A virtual conference for Delphi 2007, Delphi for PHP, JBuilder
  5. Delphi for PHP is done

6 comments to Amazon S3 Delphi sample

  • Pep

    Your main website and also the page of the sample do not seem to work (I get an error in Explorer).

  • Tim

    I’ve just tried them and they are working OK here – can you retry and let me know if you still have difficulty?


  • John Doe

    I can add a little more data to my previous post, in support of the previous note from Pep: it seems that both the MAIN PAGE for the web site, and the page are having problems with the COMPRESSION.

    Attempting to access these pages from any user agent that allows retrieving compressed content (which is just about all of them, including Internet Explorer) will fail with a bad decompression code. Access WITHOUT decompression is fine (testing through Synapse component)…

    Hope this helps…

  • Gary Williams

    I still can’t see any content on that page (

  • Tim

    I’m puzzled by this; the site comes up fine here in both IE and FireFox. Still, I appreciate the feedback and I’ll see if I can work out what’s happening.

    In the meantime, if you want to grab the code, it’s here:

    S3 Delphi sample

    Note that you need the Synapse libraries.


  • Tim

    Thanks all. I’ve figured it out.

    I wrote a small script that gets recent blog posts from WordPress in order to insert links to them on other pages. The script works OK; but I’d also configured WordPress to do gzip compression. A characteristic of PHP gzip compression is that it must be set at the start of the script (if not done in php.ini). Since I was including the WordPress script within other PHP pages, it was being set after some content had already been sent. Result: garbage.

    I didn’t see it because (I presume) my proxy server disables the request for gzip compression. So in my case the compressed content was not sent.

    I’ve now disabled gzip compression in WordPress which should fix the problem.