Embarcadero has posted its first update for Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2. Whether this shows commendable responsiveness, or that that the original release was buggy and premature, is a matter for debate.
We were recently made aware that some code in the 3D support in FireMonkey may be similar to code in GLScene, an MPL open source project. We worked with Eric Grange, a key contributor to the GLScene project to remedy the issue and replace the code in question.
Unfortunately applying the patch means a full uninstall and reinstall, though Embarcardero says that future patches will be based on this new build which I presume means this surgery will not be required again.
- Embarcadero promises Delphi everywhere: Mac, iOS this year, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone to follow
- Updated SQLite wrapper for Embarcadero Delphi (and Free Pascal)
- What next for Embarcadero Delphi? Roadmap with Mac, Linux support published.
- Embarcadero updates Delphi XE2, full reinstall required
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 will have cross-platform compilation