Flash, Silverlight, Mono, Java: surely Jobs won’t keep all these runtimes officially forbidden for ever? It strikes me that Flash has the best chance of getting there, simply because without it the Web is a little bit broken for iPhone users. It’s an influential device and its runtime support (or lack thereof) will be a factor in web development trends.
- Mono project: no plans for cross-platform WPF
- Miguel de Icaza on eight years of Mono, its future, and the Silverlight desktop
- Mono splits from Novell/Attachmate to form basis of new company
- The strategy behind Mono has shifted: ten years of open source .NET
- Mono Tools for Visual Studio: code on Windows, run on Linux