I’m in the habit of drawing up a simple table to summarise Microsoft’s quarterly results.
Quarter ending March 31st 2010 vs quarter ending March 31st 2009, $millions
|Client (Windows + Live)||4415||+967||3061||+788|
|Server and Tools||3575||+84||1255||+31|
|Entertainment and devices||1665||+36||165||+206|
Windows 7 booming, Office a bit slow prior to the release of the 2010 version, Online still draining money. Xbox doing OK. In other words, nothing much of interest.
- Microsoft financials: Windows under stress, Server and Office making up
- Microsoft financials: Office and server dominate as Windows falters
- Microsoft financials: Server and Office business still growing
- Microsoft reports weak financials, still failing in the cloud
- Microsoft financials: still growing in the cloud era, but watch out for tablets