It is easy to assume that since the .NET Framework is Microsoft’s technology, using a non-Microsoft implementation is risky. Then again, Mono is open source; and the more usage it gets, the better it becomes. MonoTouch is an important development for the project, since it is a commercial project which might actually be making some money for Novell/Attachmate. While it would be nice to get it for free, it is important that Mono makes business sense as well. MonoTouch has given the Mono project a significant boost.
- Enterprise app development on Apple iPhone and iPad
- RunRev renames product to LiveCode, supports iPad and iPhone but not Windows Phone 7
- Easy database apps for iPad and iPhone with FileMaker Pro and Go
- Adobe targets Apple iPhone and iPad browsers with tool to convert Flash projects
- Google Plus demands your location on iPhone, iPad and mobile devices – but you still have control