My first go with Yahoo Pipes.
Fascinating stuff, but I’m finding it frustrating. I tried to do an illustrated blog using For Each Annotate and the Flickr module. I can’t get it to work. I managed to get some images retrieved, but couldn’t get them to display, and their relevance was marginal, even using the Content Analysis module which is meant to retrieve key words. Noticed that the official example which does the same thing doesn’t seem to work either (at the time of writing), which makes me feel better.
Another problem is that the output always truncates each feed item. Any French readers trying the above link will be disappointed when they click the link, as it reverts to English. Not easy to fix, since Yahoo does not publish a Babel Fish API. I could put a Translate link on the blog page, but that wouldn’t be Yahoo Pipes.