This is the third AWS European region, joining Ireland and Germany, and a fourth region, in France, has also been announced.
A region is not a single data center, but is comprised of at least two “Availability Zones”, each of which is a separate data center.
- Quick reflections on Amazon re:Invent, open source, and Amazon Web Services
- UK South or UK West? Microsoft opens new data centres for Azure and Office 365
- Catching up with Amazon’s cloud services
- Amazon AWS and the continuing trend towards cloud services. Desktops next?
- Privacy and online data sharing is a journey into the unknown: report from QCon London