It looks like Adobe has some significant announcements planned for its MAX 2009 [warning: auto-play video] conference on October 4-7. The sessions that intrigue me most are the roadmaps: these include:
- Roadmap: Flash Platform Runtimes
- Roadmap: Flash Platform Servers and Services
- Roadmap: Flash Platform Tooling and Framework – this session is to be given by Greg DeMichillie, now director of product management for Developer Tools. DeMichillie is ex-Microsoft and used to work on Visual Studio in the early days of C# and Visual J++, though he left in 2001.
- Roadmap: Web Professional Tools and Services in Creative Suite
- What’s ahead for Flash Catalyst
- What’s coming in Adobe AIR 2
Looks like a lot to take in; it will be fascinating to see more detail about where Adobe is taking its platform.