While installing Canon’s MX700 all-in-one printer on Windows, I spotted this for my collection of bad dialogs:
Hint: if you ask the user a question, it’s good to allow for more than one answer. Even if you close the dialog by clicking the x at top right, it still reboots the system.
I was also interested to see whether the printer works with Linux. Canon doesn’t offer Linux drivers. Nor does it seem keen to hear from customers about this:
The CAPTCHA test always presents 8 zeroes, which it then rejects as invalid.
I haven’t quite given up. There are Linux drivers for the Pixma MP520 which are rumoured to work somewhat. When I have a moment I’ll give it a try.
- What next for Embarcadero Delphi? Roadmap with Mac, Linux support published.
- Microsoft reports weak financials, still failing in the cloud
- HTML5 scorecard: Amazon Kindle Fire weak, iOS 5 great, IE10 preview one of the best
- CodeGear (Borland) to support PHP tools
- Will Adobe’s tools ever run on Linux?