One intriguing comment is a reference to FireMonkey:
with FireMonkey, the GPU-powered next-generation application platform, you’ll be able to create visually stunning HD and 3D business applications
Here is the teaser list of features:
- Create GPU-powered FireMonkey applications
- Build 64-bit Delphi applications
- Create a single application and target both Windows and OS X
- Extend your multi-tier DataSnap applications with new mobile and cloud connectivity in RAD Cloud
- Connect any visual element to any type of data using LiveBindings™
- Modernize the look and feel of your Windows applications with VCL styles
- Create mobile-optimized web applications and standalone apps for iOS and Android devices using RadPHP
I was not greatly impressed with Delphi for PHP when I first looked at it. That was four years ago though, and since then Embarcadero has acquired Qadram, the third-party developer behind Delphi for PHP, so I would expect something more worthwhile in the forthcoming new version.
Update: Embarcadero’s Andreano Lanusse has posted more details about FireMonkey.